Monday, December 5, 2011

The Return: Part 1, Returning for Championship Football


In my other Malaysian journal blog (nigelsroadlesstraveled.blogspot.com), I've already pointed out some distinctive things I doubt I'll see or hear again once I leave Malaysia. In this blog, I have decided I feel like celebrating some of the reasons I'm excited to return to America. The first I'd like to highlight is returning in time for College Football Bowl Season and the NFL playoffs. I'm watching THE FUCK out of every football game I feel like watching. I've missed one and a half full seasons of NCAA and NFL football. I missed Cam Newton's remarkable Heisman season and the beginning of his superstar career with my hometown team. I missed Aaron Rodger's glorious playoff run. I may have missed Peyton Manning's last game as an NFL quarterback. Thus far this season, I've missed the success of rookies Andy Dalton, AJ Green, and more. I've missed the resurgence of the Bay Area (the 49ers and Raiders). I've missed the rise of Tebow Mania. I've missed the Heisman campaigns of Andrew Luck, Robert Griffith III and Trent Richardson. I've missed LSU's and Alabama's unprecedented dominance (although I still don't think an interdivision rematch is appropriate to decide the national championship) throughout this season. I've missed so much that it will take precedence over other events during the first few months of my return. If someone were to invite me to something that prevents me from watching some important football game (intriguing bowl match up or playoff game), I very well might say no with no remorse. NOT ONE FUCK will be given about how much they do not like it. After all I've missed, I deserve to be a football addicted bum for a while if I choose to. I've Been Called Worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment