Sunday, February 8, 2015

Food for Thought: The plight of SE Asian planes

I'm starting to think I living in and flying all over SE Asia at the right point in time; I lived in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 2010 to 2012. Because getting on a Southeast Asian flight seems a lot more risky right now than when I was there. Planes have "disappeared" (see My Inner Conspiracy Brother entry), crashed into the ocean, been shot down, and most lately suffered engine failure and crashed into a bridge. I have no idea what the issue is. In addition to bad luck, I'm wondering what else has contributed. Are SE Asia airlines buying inferior plane fuselages and equipment? Or incompatible parts? Are they having radar issues? Are the pilots not properly trained? My heart goes out to the families of everyone who's been lost. But beyond that, my mindset goes to "Is there something better that could be done to prevent some of this from happening?" I certainly hope someone in a better position to affect change is asking this same question too. Food for Thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment