Sunday, December 23, 2012

Apocalypse Not

Apocalypse Now quickly became Apocalypse Not when 12/21/12 came and went without even an iota of the catastrophic fervor previously promised. I even gave it another day before I wrote this blog entry to allow for a little error. I mean, this was a theory millennia in the making, 24 hours of error could easily been forgiven. But here we are on the 23rd and there are no indications that any of the CGI effects from the movie "2012" will stop me from seeing the start of 2013. I almost didn't buy Christmas gifts because I didn't think the 25th would come. Guess it was prudent on my part resist the urge to blow all my life savings heading to Amsterdam and hoping I could blow it all on women, drinks, and weed brownies before the Armaggedon got me; it would've been a bummer to wake up the next morning had I went through with that plan. As nice as it would be to know the exact date that the world was going to end and plan for it, I'm not entirely sure I could ever truly trust any prognostication of that magnitude. As brilliant as the Mayans, Nostradamus, and so many others were none of the several dates tabbed as the end by different theories have been correct thus far. I know life is short, but I don't need it any shorter. I guess the moral of the story is live life to the fullest but not by someone else's timeline...

No comments:

Post a Comment