Thursday, January 21, 2010

Do Better: I'm Still Mad, Sammy

Even months later, I'm still angry. I saw this new Caucasian-skinned, straight haired Sammy Sosa picture months ago. He claimed some skin "rejuvenation" treatment made him this light. Every time I think about it, it makes me more and more mad. But unless "rejuvenation" is a new word for bleaching, somebody needs an ass-whooping. If Sammy signed up to become white after he was the brown-skinned Dominican half of the most memorable home run race of the past few decades, he deserves to be smacked repeated in his suddenly pale face. If somebody told him the treatment would just smooth out his skin or condition it and this happened, he should be taking his corked baseball bat to someone else's ass. Either way, this shit is borderline appalling to me and I don't even know the man personally. Dominicans are a proud people who come in many shades: from cocoa butter tan all the way to Senegalese dark black. Not included in that list was Jake Gyllenhaal white; so Sammy is clearly in violation. I wish I had a flag to throw on the play and Adam Sandler's remote from "Click" to stop him before he went through his "rejuvenation."At least you can go online and find pictures proving that Michael Jackson was having skin issues before he started bleaching, Sammy has no excuse. I can't speak for everyone, but you disappointed me Sammy and I think u've done a disservice to your dark brothers and sisters back in the DR. They were on your side even back when u had the serious jheri curl. I'm not sure if I can even consider u part of the team anymore. I'm flyin my flag at half-staff for all your lost melanin. Do Better...

No comments:

Post a Comment