Monday, January 11, 2010

Food for Thought: In Search of Vision


Just like Blaxploitation era pimp/hustler Willie Dynamite in the clip u just watched (Hint: watch it now if u skipped it), right now I am full of ambition but lacking the proper vision. Unlike Willie, I am not a pimp trying to rationalize a power struggle with a slightly effeminate older pimp who is overly expressive with his hands. Instead, I am graduating in May into a slowly recovering job market full of questions. I have so many thought about what I want to do in the long run and/or experience I'd like to have. However, my mission right now is to do the research and figure out step by step how I want to get there. I don't want to be one of those people who doesn't make it to a position where they feel productive or like their job until they're in their 50s. I just have to figure out the shorter (not necessarily the easier) route. Maybe I do need to go to grad school, maybe I need to look to move up from a different direction than my given major usually hires, maybe I should look into an apprenticeship and move up that way. I have a Hurricane Katrina-like brain storm raging in my mind. Hopefully God's guidance, connections with professionals, and my own blood, sweat, tears, and perseverance can help me find the vision to make it. Failure is not an option, I've come too far to work at Foot Locker and sponge off my family. I gotta get to grinding and get my life together, please pray for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment