Friday, June 18, 2010

Broadening My Horizons

It's now official. This fall I will be doing an internship in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for up to a year. I feel that learning to function on your own while stepping out of your comfort zone ur own person. It's too easy to stay within your comfort zone (your parents' house, your hometown, somewhere you're surrounded by poeple you know, etc.) is essential to growing up and becoming your own man. All I needed was an opportunity. AIESEC, an exchange and internship program and the biggest student run organization in the world, has given me that opportunity. I originally wanted to go to either Europe or South America. Malaysia came out of left field, but upon doing research on the place, I think it will be a great experience. I'll be working within my degree field, working with people from different regions of the world and learning another culture. Not to mention they sell EVERYTHING crazy cheap (I've been asked to bring back high grade weave for a friend) and its near to Japan, China, Singapore, and Australia for visits. Hopefully the humidity and monsoon season aren't too much to handle. Life's an adventure and a story, I hope this is a wonderful upcoming chapter of mine...


P.S. Don't worry tho, I've Been Called Worse will continue from overseas. My mission will remain to entertain or enlighten no matter what continent, time zone, hemisphere, or even planet I should be blogging from

No comments:

Post a Comment